Monday, August 4, 2008

Looking forward to Tuesday


I made an acupuncture appointment for tomorrow. I'm excited about it. It's at 10:30 in the morning. Hope it helps my body learn how to work again.

Then I have an appt to get my tattoo. I'll post pictures after ward. I'm getting a bluebonnet on my inner ankle. For a year, I've known what I wanted. I just couldn't figure out where. T started bugging me to make up my mind. He already has Cooper's name on his arm and wants me to catch up so he can get more.

Why a bluebonnet you ask? I'll admit I've become a bit obsessed with them. Even my quilt square for the Preeclampsia Foundation Memorial quilt had a bluebonnet on it. Or my version of one.

Here's the story. My dad always loved bluebonnets, but now they have become symbolic to me. Cooper died at the end of December and when it was spring time we wanted to do something at his grave. We bought 10 packs of seeds and scattered them at his grave. What happened that spring amazed me. It was a really bad season for bluebonnets. You couldn't find them any where. But there was one gigatic patch of them on my son's grave. Seriously, it was huge. I don't know how they continue to grow there. The soil isn't right, there isn't a slope. It's all wrong. But they grow.
Some people might think it is morose to take a picture of a grave. I can't help it. When I see them I think of my son. I think that they are his way of reaching out to me. I know it's silly, but that's how I feel. So ever spring, I wait for the bluebonnets to bloom. Then I run out to the cemetary to take pictures.

2 comments:

Just Me. said...

Here from Lost and Found.

Welcome to the world of blogging.

I love acupuncture. It relaxes my constantly disturbed mind since infertility hit me. :)

I have this tattoo that I'd wanna do too. Please post pictures of your tattoo when it's done.

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain that you've gone through and are going through.

A bluebonnet on your inner ankle will be nice.

((((Hugs))))

Mel said...

Here from L&F...so glad that you've decided to blog and I'm so sorry for your loss. You'll be amazed at the sincere support and encouragement you'll receive from the IF blogosphere...it's a phenomenal group of women (and a few guys, too!).

The picture of the bluebonnets at the grave site are beautiful. What a wonderful memorial. *hugs*