Monday, March 9, 2009

Margarita Madness

That's my warning, I've already had a big margarita and it's only 7:00.

I saw Dr. L today. Yup started again on Saturday, but I knew anyway. He was so apologetic that it still hasn't worked. He asked me what I wanted to do and I asked what are the options. Since my insurance is covering my meds pretty well, he thought about upping the doses. Then said he would rather go with a Pen to better control the doses. Then he thought about it some more while looking over the past 3 months. What about surgery and ovarian drilling? We all really think my left ovary is stuck to the back of my uterus. And since they are in there, do a little ovarian drilling to help too. The way I explained it to my friend is that my ovaries are covered with cysts and have become candy coated but not that nice. The drilling will help get rid of some of the cysts, give more room for good follies to develop and open things up.

T is mad. He sees it as more time and $ since the Menopur is working. Um... no it isn't, I'm not pregnant. I tried telling him that Dr. L is trying to help up not spend all that $. Again, his patience is long gone.

So Friday I go in for lap and ovarian drilling. Tomorrow I have my pre-op and we'll see how that goes. I just want to get it done and over with. Dr. L has a good point. Why spend all that money and it still doesn't work???

No comments: